The 12 series of Structural Integration (SI) unwinds unconscious postural patterns held in our connective tissues (fascia) permeating our muscles, and restores the fascia to better alignment, length, and ease. Based on the work of Dr. Ida Rolf (Rolfing), it is an interactive process that is a systems-orientated approach rather than a symptoms-oriented approach.
Appropriate for all ages and lifestyles.
- Increased flexibility and ease in movement
- Increased energy and vitality
- Improved balance
- Reduced chronic pain, tension and stress
- Enhanced physical performance
- Improved posture
- Enhanced body awareness
- Reduced effort in activity
- Expanded sense of well being
Integrative sessions don't follow the 12 series, but utilize the principles. A session can stand alone or be part of an overall treatment plan for specific conditions. Techniques include fascial work, nerve work, and neuromuscular therapy as appropriate.